Friday, November 6, 2009

Missing the Labyrinth

Twice a year I usually attended the Florida Pagan Gathering in Ocala as a part of the Labyrinth group, Seekers of the Wyrd. But this year I’m in Georgia and was unable to attend for a few personal reasons. I thought about the labyrinth last night knowing how much I will miss walking it with my Wicca family after we built it. It is an all day process to lay out the strands of lights just perfect, but is so beautiful and peaceful especially at night. So I did a search to see if there are any such things in Georgia and I found one.

The Dancing Bear Labyrinth. This is located at 366 Oakland Ave. SE, in Atlanta GA. It is a traditional 7 circuit looping Labyrinth, built with paving stones and plants, with a gazebo in the center. It is in the front yard of Bear Manor, near the Oakland Cemetery but is open to the public at all times for walking, free of charge. I can’t wait to visit!
http://www.spiritbear.us/

No comments:

Post a Comment